Navigation

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I served. Did you?

I spent four years active duty in the United States Marine Corps and two years inactive duty. I served for two years with the Missouri Department of Health (without pay). I served the city of St. Louis' health department by mayoral appointment for two years (without pay). I have built many public works facilities such as waste water treatment plants, incinerators, schools, and fire stations.

For all my efforts to serve my country and communities I am served a heaping pile of steaming shit at the hands of the Veterans' Administration, Logisticare (a contractor to the Missouri Department of Health) and MOHealthNet (Missouri Medicaid.

I get a LOT of lip service. But, as the saying goes, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I'll never serve anyone nor anything again. Of course, if these agencies get their way I won't live long enough to do so even if I were so inclined.

Again, I am ashamed to be American.

Thanks for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment