"We're gonna treat you to death... or until the insurance quits paying - whichever comes first."
Ah, the "Medical Treatment for Profit" Industry - or "Pay to Live, or till you die".
I hear a lot of brouhaha about "Death Panels", usually from Republicans, Conservatives, Tea Party types, and other sundry lunatics. They seem to actually believe that a "for profit" system of providing medical care is not for them and give rise to the lie that the "choice" they offer will prevent the big bad government from rationing out medical treatment.
I suggest that, as wacky and mentally unhinged as many of these folk may be, their "Death Panels" may indeed be real. After all, just because you're paranoid doesn't meant they're not out to get you! I believe, however, that these allusions to a big bad boogy man called "Death Panel" is in fact a reality as misunderstood as they are about exactly WHO they are.
I'm here to tell you that Death Panels are REAL, that they wear suits and sit on corporate boards. The infamous "Death Panel" is purely an invention of unregulated free market capitalism bolstered by the fiction of "ultimate authority" - that fiction the medical and insurance industries pound into our collective psyche all day, every day.
This site will contain many stories involving the failed health care system in the United States because, let's face it, health care for profit basically sucks. Even the closest thing to socialized medicine that the United States has, the Veterans Administration, is so fouled by monetary influences and politics that it is hardly functional. Go ahead - ask any random Veterans and you will hear a few gratitudes and a plethora of horror stories.
I intend to post stories here about institutions, organizations, ideas, places, and people who basically suck. There should be no shortage of material... and I'm not in any hurry to document my experiences and observations because I have learned through many adverse situations that no one really gives a fuck. Still, I don't plan to name names here. I'll just tell the story.
And THAT, my friends, is why People Basically Suck! Give a fuck or get fucked.
No comments:
Post a Comment